Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Monday, May 16, 2011

Refashion #12 Flower Shoe Clips


I bought these sandals on clearance at Walmart, but thought they needed a little dressing up. I purchased a little bit of extra fabric when I made the gray wedding jewelry because I thought it might match and I could make some shoe clips.


I started by cutting a whole bunch of circles out of the fabric. I used 4 of each material for each shoe clip. I just use a cardstock pattern and do my best. They don't have to be perfect.

You will want to melt the edge of each circle using a candle to prevent fraying.


Fold one circle into fourths and put the needle and thread through it.

Continue adding circles until it gets full enough to make you happy! : ) Like I said, I used 8.

Stitch it a few times to secure it, then sew the flower onto the shoe clip (I bought mine at this Etsy shop).

Ta da! You have a beautiful flower!

I made two clips for each shoe to fill up the space.

Much better, don't you think?


Happy Monday! I only have one more Monday left until summer break!!!
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger